- To exercise the government, direction, encouragement and control of the refereeing of various soccer leagues/tournaments.
- To respect, comply with and enforce the "General Rules and Regulations" of the Academy, leagues and official football organizations.
- To take care of the strict observance and application by its affiliates of the Laws of the Game promulgated by the International Football Association Board and taken by the superior organisms, as well as the competition regulations of each of the tournaments where we provide refereeing services.
- To promote, organize and develop training programs, conferences and publications designed to disseminate the Laws of the Game approved by U.S. Soccer and FIFA.
- To make sure our members maintain properly informed of the modifications made each year to the Laws of the Game.
In pursuance of its objectives and in order to disseminate the practice of soccer refereeing, the Academy will organize and develop promotional events and / or programs in the organizations affiliated with the leagues, in colleges, universities or other public or private entities.